Tuesday, June 7, 2011


My wife brought me home a Sake set on her last trip to N.C.

From what I have been able to find the cups are called choko and the ceramic flask is known as a tokkuri. Since I have drank my share, and maybe a few others shares of Sake from these, I thought I should find out what they are actually called. I've always preferred the warmed Sake, although I have found a few varieties that are very good cold.
My understanding is that lower grade Sake is usually warmed, and better grades are enjoyed cold, so I guess that makes me the Richard's Wild Irish Rose drinking equivelent of the Sake world..

1 comment:

  1. Nah it's all about personal preference. The less filtered ones are usually good cold. Fu-KI if I remeber correctly is pretty good. I like the big square wooden cups with a generous overpour. :) Enjoy?