What should have happened:
- We should have sent troops to Afghanistan, kicked the crap out of them, killed every leader of Al-Qaeda possible and brought everyone home within a year or two.
- Take care of the soldiers who were wounded, and the families of those who were killed.
- Assisted those who worked to rescue survivors and those that worked to clean up the twin towers in New York.
- Rebuild the original buildings at the World Trade Center location - maybe even taller and add a middle finger on top (Well maybe that's going a little too far).
- Require Muslims to be fully documented and cleared before entering this country until the fundamentalist movement has gone away. - If they are here and citizens, that's fine, but don't let anyone in, who is remotely connected to the fundamentalist ideology, for any reason.
- Secure our borders! Verify that a person entering this country qualifies for Sainthood so we can stop harassing our own citizens.
- We have fought two endless conflicts and now entered a third, mostly with one hand tied behind our back.
- As always seems to always happen, we have wounded soldiers and their families stuck in the bureaucracy and not always getting the help needed.
- Ignored those that are suffering long term disabilities because of their work at the WTC.
- Made a joke out of the whole WTC rebuilding process with politics and political correctness ruling the day.
- Apologized for and accepted muslim fundamentalism as just another peaceful religion while sharia and talk of a caliphate are all around us.
- Given up our Liberty for the sake of false security via the Patriot Act and the TSA.
- Ignored our borders, and when manpower is applied, once again their hands are tied behind their backs.
- Oh yeah, and just to show how screwed up we really are, the conspiracy theorists have run wild.
You pulled a knife on me, and cut me, so I shot you in self defense. I then patched up my wound and carried on.
In the end, remember the innocent victims of 9/11.